|DH Career Opportunities
Enjoy a Rewarding Health Career at Doctors Hospital in the Bahamas
Each person who works at Doctors Hospital plays a vital role in making a difference in the lives of our patients and Associates. Doctors Hospital values the diverse skills and abilities that each person brings to the work place, and together, we deliver exemplary care and service. Benefits:
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT OUR BENEFITS....
Health insurance provides security and access to healthcare services in the time of medical necessity and medical emergencies. As many of you are aware, health insurance helps to mitigate against the cost of medical services. One single medical emergency or event can have a huge financial impact on your budget . The rising cost of health care coupled with an increase utilization of services underscores the importance of this benefit. Presently our group health insurance plan is administered by Atlantic Medical which has operated as a stable company in the Bahamas since 1985.
Some of the advantages of enrolling in the health insurance plan are below:
- Easier access to health services locally and internationally
- $500 Preventive Benefit (Annual Physical) per calendar year ( January- December) This includes routine- physical examination, breast examination and/or mammogram, laboratory testing, pelvic exam, pap smear, prostate examination and tuberculosis skin tests.
- Access for some persons who would 'normally' be exclude from coverage $1,000,000 lifetime coverage ( all claims totaling $1,000,000 over you lifetime are covered)
- Immunization from birth to age 17 are 100% covered
- Optional life insurance that provides coverage of 2 times your annual salary
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment under the life insurance plan
- Prescription discount plan
- Commercial air transportation
Preparing and saving towards retirement is an important part of financial planning. A pension is a long term strategy towards investing in yourself and your future. Doctors Hospital believes that this is an important benefit for all Associates and strongly encourages participation. Only 25% of workers in the Bahamas participate in a pension plan as many companies do not offer a pension plan as a benefit to their employees. Doctors Hospital's pension plan is administered by Colonial Pensions and its plan trustee is Butterfield Bank Ltd. The trustee is an independent third party that holds the pension fund accountable for all transactions and decisions made. In short, the trustee works for you. Each Associate has their own individual pension account that is specific to them.
Advantages of being in the pension plan:
- You are eligible to enroll only after one (1) year of employment
- The vesting period has been reduced from 7yrs to 5yrs
- The hospital matches your 5% pension contribution, this means you get a 100% return on your invest
- You pension account is on-line, 24 hours/day access
- The pension plan offers different investment options depending on your aversion to risk such as conservative, moderate, aggressive.
- The pension plan is portable, which means you can carry with you when you leave Doctors Hospital.
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is provided to all Associates through our wellness initiative. Through (EAP), Associates may access assistance for a wide variety of problems that affect not only their lives at home but also in the workplace. The issues for which EAP's provide support vary, but examples include:
- substance abuse
- emotional distress
- major life events, including births, accidents and deaths
- health care concerns
- financial or legal concerns
- family/personal relationship issues
- work relationship issues
- concerns about aging parents
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counseling sessions are completely confidential and the first three (3) sessions are provided free of charge to participants. Associates seeking assistance may contact the HR Coordinator or VP HR.Associates do not need to discuss why they are accessing the EAP program only that they need assistance. Please note,results of any referral are not discussed with the Human Resources Department. At the end of the day, our only concern is to determine if an Associate is fit for work. Specifics are never apart of the personnel file and cannot be shared.
Through our wellness initiative we all provide financial planning sessions every quarter for interested Associates. In addition there are a couple of evening exercise programs that have been established. Information on this programs can be obtained through the HR Department.
Doctors Hospital offers a discount benefit to full time and permanent part time Associates after completing three months of employment. This discount benefit is not only extended to Associates but their immediate family members (spouse and children). The discounts are as follows:
10% off over the counter items
20% discount off: Pharmacy Prescriptions; Laboratory Tests, Radiology Tests, Physiotherapy Tests
For hospitalization and emergency services, 1/2 of balance of the hospital account is discounted after insurance and co-payments have been paid, if the other half is paid within 30 days.
Associates are also provided discounted meals through a meal ticket purchase program that is administered through the Human Resources Department.
Continuing education is one of the most important benefits offered by Doctors Hospital. It provides assistance to persons who desire to further their professional development within the organization. This can be done through the tuition assistance program which provides $500 per semester for those seeking development in their job. In-service training such as Basic Life Support (BLS), Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS), and Neonatal Resuscitation Support (NRS). are also offered for Associates. In addition we also provide support for specific educational requirements (e.g. security officer certifications, dispatcher certifications ,etc.).
Telephone: (242) 302-4724